|Paying categories:||Registration by 26 June at the latest||Registration after 26 June|
|Full fee||Early bird: SEK 6,000||Standard fee: SEK 7,500|
|Student and retired fee||Early bird: SEK 3,800||Standard fee: SEK 4,500|
|Accompanying person (only social events)||SEK 1,000||SEK 1,000|
Please note: According to Swedish legislation 25% VAT will be added to the registration fee. In some cases, however, it will not be necessary to pay VAT. See the information below.
In order to benefit from the the student/ retired fee, please send the copy of your proof until August 19th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration fees for participants (full, student and retired), include entrance to the scientific lectures and sessions, coffee and refreshments according to the programme and the welcome reception on 26 August. Conference lunches and the conference dinner on 29 August can be purchased to an extra fee.
The registration fee for accompanying persons, includes coffee and refreshments according to the programme, the welcome reception on 26 August, and the possibility to register for the conference dinner on 29 August to an additional fee. Conference lunches can also be purchased to an extra fee. Accompanying persons are not allowed entrance to the scientific lectures and sessions. The accompanying persons fee, is intended for spouses, family members and friends who do not attend the scientific conference programme.
Application for grants from EMA - closed on March 1
The European Magnetic Association (EMA) will be supporting the attendance to JEMS2019 of twelve students, for which registration fees will be waived. In order to apply for such support, submit an application to email@example.com by March 1, 2019 at the latest. The application shall contain a single pdf file including:
- a motivation letter, including information on the financial situation of the group (max. 200 Words)
- a recommendation letter from the advisor
- an abstract submitted to the JEMS2019 Conference
Results will be communicated shortly after the deadline, and awardees given a special registration link. If you apply for a grant, please don't register as a regular participant before you have received the application result.
The registration fee must be paid in advance of the conference.
- Swedish participants can choose to pay either by credit card or by invoice.
Participants from outside Sweden
- All payments must be made in SEK (Swedish krona)
- Payment should be made by credit card or by bank transfer (invoice).
- When choosing ‘International bank transfer’ in the registration form, you will receive an invoice including bank transfer information (bank account number, IBAN, etc).
A confirmation letter with the invoice will be sent by e-mail.
- Please note that we accept the following credit cards: VISA and Master Card.
- The participant/payee is responsible for any bank charges/fees associated with the payment.
Credit card payment
For your safety, our payment system is connected to the 3D Secure system for ensuring the security of payments made through the internet. Your card needs to be connected to Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. Your bank can inform you if your card is connected, and if not already, how it can be connected.
If you receive an error message when paying with your card, please check with your bank to see if they have a block on overseas payments, a block on internet payments, and/or a limit on the amount that can be charged in one day. These are common reasons why a payment initially does not go through.
Please note that 25% VAT is automatically added to your registration fee if you pay by credit card. If your organisation qualifies you to not pay VAT, please choose International bank transfer – EU-countries with VAT no. or Invoice Sweden and list your VAT number (see VAT regulations below).
According to Swedish legislation 25% VAT will be added to the registration fee. However, you do not have to pay VAT if you work in either:
- A public sector governmental organisation (statlig myndighet) within Sweden (e.g., university, governmental agency). In this case you must choose Invoice (Swedish billing address only) as the payment mode and provide your VAT number.
- An organisation or company within the EU with a valid VAT number. In this case you must choose International bank transfer - EU countries with VAT no. as the payment mode and provide your VAT number.
- Public sector governmental organisations within Sweden (e.g., universities, governmental agencies): No VAT
- All other organisations/companies and private persons: VAT 25%
Participants from outside Sweden
- Organisations and companies within EU with a VAT number: No VAT
- Organisations and companies within EU without a VAT number, and all organisations and companies outside EU: VAT 25%
All private persons: VAT 25 %
Depending on the location of your organisation/company, VAT may be reclaimed from your home country upon your return from the conference. Please contact your local tax authority or other responsible agency for more information if it is possible to reclaim the VAT you paid and how it is done.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
Participants (full fee, students, retired)
Cancellation of registration
Cancellations must be made by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If cancellation of conference participation is made before 26 June 2019, the registration fee will be refunded in full except for a cancellation fee of 750 SEK. Cancellations made after 26 June will not be refunded.
Cancellation of only separate meals (dinner or lunch), is not refundable.
Change of delegate
If you are not able to participate, you are welcome to give your spot to a colleague. Please contact the conference secratariat to do so.
The registration of an accompanying person is binding. We regret that no refunds or reductions of fees or separate meals will be accepted, for cancellations nor for no-shows for any reasons.